Aucun événement à venir pour le moment
This book covers the principles and...
MILLS Simon, BONE Kerry
This book covers the principles and issues of safety relating to herbal medicine, and examines the relevant safety data for over 70 commonly used or contentious herbs.
Attention: derniers articles en stock!
Date de disponibilité:
This book covers the principles and issues of safety relating to herbal medicine, and examines the relevant safety data for over 70 commonly used or contentious herbs. With contributions from leading international experts, the book covers issues of quality, interactions, adverse reactions, toxicity, allergy, contact sensitivity and idiosyncratic reactions.
- Provides the most current information on safety issues in herbal medicine.
- Presents authoritative and credible safety information from two experienced herbal practitioners.
- Combines theoretical chapters with 125 well-researched monographs, making it the most thorough and comprehensive text on the market for herbal safety in practice.
- Provides clear information using the most current evidence-based reviews, covering factors that influence herb safety, including the negative placebo effects (nocebo), various types of unpredictable effects, the basis for interactions between herbs and drugs, and quality issues.
- Uses an established grading system for assessing safety in pregnancy and lactation that is realistic and appropriate to herb use.
- Thoroughly critiques the dominant misinformation in the media and medical journals on herb safety issues.
- Contains 83 documented case studies on hepatoxicity and the effects in relation to kava. Kava safety is a hot topic.
- Includes two useful appendices detailing herbal references for pregnancy and lactation considerations.
|Auteur||MILLS Simon, BONE Kerry|
|Editeur||ELSEVIER - MASSON|
Aucun avis client disponible pour l'instant.